Artisan Workshops Tour in Florence
Guided tour for the discovery of the most typical artisan workshops of the city center of Florence.
Tailor made experience visiting the artisan workshops in the city center of Florence, and in the neighborhoods of the craft shops of Santo Spirito and Borgo San Frediano.
- Private Artisan Workshops Tour in Florence
- Guided experience by an English speaking guide
- Private workshops visits and private experiences with the local artisans
- The genie’s hands
- The hidden Florence
Experience out of the beaten path, walking through and exploring the hidden Florence and discovering the most characteristic and distinctive artisan workshops of the city.
The guided tour start taking you to the shops in the historic city center that have linked their name to Florentine artistic craftsmanship, and represent excellence in field of jewelry and leather production, for then moving to the area of Borgo San Frediano, the district of the Oltrarno far from the tourist area, where you will be able to see the genie’s hands of artisans specialized in the production of paper, ligatures and restoration.
Tour continues in the hidden Florence in the heart of the Oltrarno area, exploring the Santo Spirito district, historically considered the neighborhood of craft shops, where we will stop in a laboratory practicing the ancient technique of etching and in a famous silversmith.
Tour available from:
- The Artisan Workshops Tour in Florence is a private guided experience and it is available with transportation from Siena, Cortona, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Chianti, Pienza, San Gimignano, Val d’Orcia area, Arezzo, Perugia, Assisi and from all the main tourist sites of Tuscany and Umbria.
- approximately 6-8 hours
- English speaking guide
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Artisan workshops visits
- Transportation with qualified and professional English speaking driver and luxury vehicle Mercedes-Benz or equivalent (optional)
Florentine Handicraft: from jeweler, leather and paper production, to ligatures, mosaics, and the ancient technique of etching, the Florentine handicraft is any of a wide variety of types of work where useful and decorative objects are made completely by one’s hand or by using only simple, non-automated related tools like scissors, carving implements, or hooks.