Wine Tasting Tour in Tuscany from Lucca
Guided wine experience in Tuscany from Lucca with private English speaking driver and wine guide.
Private wine tasting tour with transportation from Lucca visiting the best wineries in Lucca, Chianti, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Bolgheri, San Gimignano and tasting the finest Tuscan wines: Chianti Classico, Brunello, Supertuscans, Vernaccia, Vino Nobile.
LUCCA WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour from Lucca with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Tuscany and the beautiful Tuscan wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Tuscan hill towns and their picturesque atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Experience Chianti Classico, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, Super Tuscans, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and many other excellent Tuscan wines exploring the wonderful Tuscany wine country with a private wine tour from Lucca with private limousine service and wine expert.
The Tuscany wine tour begins meeting your private driver directly at your accommodation in Lucca and passing by and driving through the stunning Tuscan countryside.
The day trip in the Tuscan wine region will first stop in a selected and exclusive winery, where you will have a guided visit through the wine estate and a private wine tasting with and English-speaking guide while enjoying the view of the surrounding vineyards.
A short ride later the wine tour will then continue in a second winery; after a brief introduction of the estate, a full food and wine experience will follow with a delicious Tuscan lunch accompanied by their best wines made from different local varieties and with a tasting the excellent Tuscan extra virgin olive oil produced in this winery.
Your next stop will be in a beautiful Tuscan hill town, where you will have some free time for exploring this charming town and its winding narrow streets housing local shops with artisanal crafts for sale.
Your wine tour in Tuscany finally leads you discovering a small and family-owned winery, visiting the estate directing with the owner and tasting their excellent wines, beginning to develop an understanding of what makes the Tuscan wine region so exceptional before heading back to Lucca.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour from Lucca is a private wine experience visiting the best wine regions in Tuscany: Chianti, Bolgheri and the Super Tuscan wine country, San Gimignano and Vernaccia wine region, Montalcino and Brunello wine country, Montepulciano and Vino Nobile wine region, Cortona, Siena, Arezzo, Chianti Rufina.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Tuscany Wine Regions: Located in central Italy along the Tyrrhenian coast, Tuscany is home to some of the world’s oldest and most famous wine regions: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano primarily made with Sangiovese grape whereas the Vernaccia grape is the basis of the white Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Tuscany has forty-one Denominazioni di origine controllata (DOC) and eleven Denominazioni di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG). In the 1970s a new class of wines known in the trade as “Super Tuscans” emerged. These wines were made outside DOC/DOCG regulations but were considered of high quality and commanded high prices. Many of these wines are based on a “Bordeaux-blend” and became cult wines. Others very well reputed Tuscan wine regions and Tuscan wines are Cortona, Morellino di Scansano and Carmignano. Tuscany is also known for the dessert wine Vin Santo, made from Trebbiano and Malvasia grapes.