Wine Tour in Montalcino
The Brunello Wine Tasting Experience
Guided Brunello wine tasting experience with private English speaking driver and wine expert visiting the best wineries in Montalcino.
Private wine tour in Montalcino wine region with car service and private transportation from Siena, Florence, Cortona, Montepulciano, Pienza, San Gimignano, Chianti, Arezzo, Perugia, Assisi and from all Tuscany.
BRUNELLO WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private Brunello wine tour in Montalcino with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through the beautiful Tuscan countryside and the Montalcino wine country
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Stop in the beautiful Tuscan hill town of Montalcino for a pleasant stroll
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
A Brunello wine tour in Montalcino with a private English speaking driver and wine expert for one of Italy’s most appreciated and respected products, for experts, critics and wine lovers, framed by the Tuscan rolling hills, vineyards and lovely Tuscan towns and villages.
Picking you up by a luxury vehicle from your accommodation and driving on a scenic itinerary through the beautiful Tuscan countryside, the day tour begins at the first winery located in a gorgeous spot in the wine country of Montalcino, where experienced staff will show you the winery, explaining everything you want to know about their wines and the wine making process, before guiding you on a private wine tasting session.
The Brunello wine tour continues visiting a family-run winery, where exploring the estate you will meet the owners and winemakers before enjoying lunch based on a traditional Tuscan menu paired with their finest wines and tasting the excellent Extra virgin olive oil they produce.
You will then have the chance to visit the beautiful Tuscan hill town of Montalcino and its fortress, enjoying the view over the Val D’Orcia and the surrounding Tuscan countryside, and exploring the town’s narrow streets with artisan food and wine shops.
The wine tour in Montalcino ends with a visit to another Brunello producer, comparing styles and techniques and learning the secrets of this extraordinary red wine.
Departure available from:
- The Brunello wine tour in Montalcino is a private tour available from all Tuscany, Siena, Florence, Cortona, Montepulciano, Pienza, San Gimignano, Chianti (Radda, Gaiole, Greve, Castellina), Arezzo, Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Todi, Spoleto, Spello, Gubbio and from all Umbria.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Brunello di Montalcino DOCG: This is a wine produced in Tuscany, in a production area which has a radius of about 25 km, with Montalcino at its centre. Invented by Ferruccio Biondi-Santi in the mid-800’s, it is a wine produced in a hilly area, no more than 600m above sea level, and with the variation of Sangiovese, called Sangiovese Grosso. The characteristics are those of an intense red colour, with a warm taste, robust and persistent. It can be marketed only after a minimum of 5 years of aging (6 for the reserve) and goes well with red meats, game, aged cheeses, mushrooms and truffles. It is also great as a meditation wine.