Wine Tour in Montepulciano
The Nobile Wine Tasting Experience
Guided wine tasting experience and wineries visits with wine expert in the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano wine region.
Private wine tour in Montepulciano with English speaking driver and transportation from Siena, Florence, Cortona, Pienza, Montalcino, Arezzo, San Gimignano, Chianti, Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Todi and from all Tuscany and Umbria.
MONTEPULCIANO WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private Nobile wine tour in Montepulciano with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through the beautiful Tuscan countryside and the Montepulciano wine country
- The historical wine cellars of Montepulciano, some of the oldest Tuscan wineries
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Stop in the beautiful Tuscan hill town of Montepulciano for a pleasant stroll
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Taste the best Nobile di Montepulciano Docg wines and explore one of the oldest and most famous wine country in Tuscany in one day with a private wine tour in Montepulciano with a English speaking driver and wine guide.
Picking you up at your accommodation and driving through the beautiful Tuscan landscape, your first stop of you Montepulciano wine tours will be an historical winery with a guided tour, led by an English-speaking winery expert, of the historic estate’s wine cellars followed by a private wine tasting session of their best Rosso, Nobile and Nobile Riserva wines.
Your wine tour in Tuscany will then continue visiting the gorgeous and fascinating Montepulciano, with its picturesque medieval narrow streets, the magnificent renaissance buildings and its typical Tuscan charm.
The next stop of your wine experience will be a winery surrounded by the Tuscan rolling hills and their sunflowers fields where you will enjoy a fresh homemade and traditional Tuscan lunch pairing along with their own best wines and tasting the excellent extra virgin olive oil they produce.
The Montepulciano wine tour ends in one of the most well reputed winery in Montepulciano wine country, with a guided visit of the estate and a private wine tasting with a qualified winery expert, understanding the range of aromas and flavors that are hallmarks of the delicious Montepulciano wines.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour in Montepulciano is a private tour available from all Tuscany, Siena, Florence, Cortona, Montalcino, Pienza, Arezzo, San Gimignano, Chianti (Radda, Gaiole, Greve, Castellina), Chiusi, Chianciano, Val d’Orcia area, Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto, Todi, Trasimeno lake area, Spoleto, Spello, Gubbio and from all Umbria.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG wine: Is one of the oldest wines of Italy (testimonies from 783 BC) and also described by poets and writers for its delicacy. It is produced in a limited area of southern Tuscany, with Montepulciano at its centre, in a hilly area not more than 600 m above sea level. It is characterized by Sangiovese (Prugnolo Gentile) grapes (min 70%) and Canaiolo (maximum 20%), with the possible addition of other grapes from local vineyards (maximum 10%). The minimum alcoholic content is 12.5%, with a minimum of 2-3 years aging. Of ruby-garnet colour and with an intense perfume, it goes very well with red meats, game, aged cheeses, mushrooms and truffles.