Wine Tasting Tour in Tuscany from San Gimignano
Private wine tour in Tuscany from San Gimignano with private English speaking driver and wine expert.
Guided wine tasting experience with transportation from San Gimignano visiting the best wineries in San Gimignano, Chianti, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Bolgheri and tasting the finest Tuscan wines: Chianti Classico, Brunello, Vernaccia, Vino Nobile, Supertuscans.
SAN GIMIGNANO WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour from San Gimignano with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Tuscany and the beautiful Tuscan wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Tuscan hill towns and their picturesque atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Taste Chianti Classico, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Super Tuscans and many other excellent Tuscan wines visiting the magnificent Tuscany wine region with a guided wine tour from San Gimignano with private car service and wine expert.
The wine tour in Tuscany starts when your private driver comes to pick you up at your accommodation in San Gimignano. Driving through the beautiful Tuscan landscape, your first stop will be an exclusive Tuscan winery beginning with a cellar tour, where an English-speaking winery expert will guide you to the essence of this winery and to their idea of wine and winemaking. A private tasting session will follow to recognize the range of aromas and flavors that Tuscan wines have to offer.
The San Gimignano wine tour will then continue with a full food and wine experience stopping in an old Tuscan farmhouse and winery, having a great lunch prepared from the farm products paired with their best wines and a tasting the delicious Tuscan extra virgin olive oil produced in this family owned winery.
After lunch, tour will lead you in a beautiful Tuscan hill town where you will have some free time for strolling along its picturesque narrow streets and for shopping in its lovely craft shops and artisans’ ateliers.
Your wine tour in Tuscany ends visiting a small and family-owned winery, where you will continue to learn the characteristics of the Tuscan wines, comparing their different styles and spirits before heading back to San Gimignano.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour from San Gimignano is a private wine experience visiting the best wine regions in Tuscany: Chianti, San Gimignano and Vernaccia wine region, Montalcino and Brunello wine country, Montepulciano and Vino Nobile wine region, Cortona, Bolgheri and the Super Tuscan wine country, Siena, Arezzo, Chianti Rufina.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Tuscany Wine Regions: Located in central Italy along the Tyrrhenian coast, Tuscany is home to some of the world’s oldest and most famous wine regions: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano primarily made with Sangiovese grape whereas the Vernaccia grape is the basis of the white Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Tuscany has forty-one Denominazioni di origine controllata (DOC) and eleven Denominazioni di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG). In the 1970s a new class of wines known in the trade as “Super Tuscans” emerged. These wines were made outside DOC/DOCG regulations but were considered of high quality and commanded high prices. Many of these wines are based on a “Bordeaux-blend” and became cult wines. Others very well reputed Tuscan wine regions and Tuscan wines are Cortona, Morellino di Scansano and Carmignano. Tuscany is also known for the dessert wine Vin Santo, made from Trebbiano and Malvasia grapes.