Wine Tasting Tour in Tuscany
Guided wine tour in Tuscany with private English speaking driver and wine expert.
Private wine tasting experience in Tuscany with private transportation visiting the best wineries in Montalcino, Chianti, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Cortona, Bolgheri and tasting the finest Tuscan wines: Brunello, Chianti Classico, Vino Nobile, Supertuscans, Vernaccia, Cortona Syrah.
TUSCANY WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour in Tuscany with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Tuscany and the beautiful Tuscan wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Tuscan hill towns and their picturesque atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Private wine tour in Tuscany with private driver and wine expert discovering the wonderful Tuscany wine region for tasting Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Super Tuscans and many other excellent Tuscan wines.
Starting from your accommodation in Tuscany where your private English-speaking driver will pick you up, and crossing the stunning Tuscan countryside famous for its iconic landscapes and views, your wine tour in Tuscany begins with a first stop in a gorgeous vineyard estate where, during your tour of the cellar, you will learn all about the winemaking methods and the aging process, before having a private and guided tasting session of their exclusive wines.
The Tuscan wine tour will then stop in a family owned winery located in the gorgeous spot from where you will enjoy a panoramic view of the Tuscan countryside and wine country. After a brief visit of the cellar, a full wine & food experience will follow with a traditional Tuscan lunch paired with their wines and with a tasting of the excellent Tuscan extra virgin olive oil produced in this winery.
Several glasses later, tour will then lead you in a lovely Tuscan hill town where you will have some free time for exploring this village that have maintained the traditional local characteristics of Tuscan hamlets, with their stone houses, their charming narrow streets and their lovely artisans shops.
In the afternoon you will have the option of visiting another Tuscan wine producer, where you will be able to enhance your sense of the Tuscan wines, continuing to compare and contrast these delicious and excellent wines before returning to your accommodation.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour in Tuscany is a private wine experience with departure from all Tuscany visiting the best wine regions: Montalcino and Brunello wine country, Chianti, Montepulciano and Vino Nobile wine region, Bolgheri and the Super Tuscans wine country, Cortona, San Gimignano, Arezzo, Chianti Rufina, Carmignano, Suvereto, Val di Cornia, Maremma and Morellino di Scansano wine region.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Tuscany Wine Regions: Located in central Italy along the Tyrrhenian coast, Tuscany is home to some of the world’s oldest and most famous wine regions: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano primarily made with Sangiovese grape whereas the Vernaccia grape is the basis of the white Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Tuscany has forty-one Denominazioni di origine controllata (DOC) and eleven Denominazioni di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG). In the 1970s a new class of wines known in the trade as “Super Tuscans” emerged. These wines were made outside DOC/DOCG regulations but were considered of high quality and commanded high prices. Many of these wines are based on a “Bordeaux-blend” and became cult wines. Others very well reputed Tuscan wine regions and Tuscan wines are Cortona, Morellino di Scansano and Carmignano. Tuscany is also known for the dessert wine Vin Santo, made from Trebbiano and Malvasia grapes.