Wine Tasting Tour in Tuscany from Rome
Private wine tour in Tuscany from Rome with private driver and wine expert.
Guided wine tasting experience in Tuscany with car service and private transportation from Rome visiting the best wineries in Montalcino, Montepulciano, Chianti, Bolgheri, Cortona and tasting the finest Tuscan wines: Brunello, Chianti Classico, Vino Nobile, Super Tuscans.
TUSCANY WINE TOUR FROM ROME HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour from Rome with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Tuscany and the beautiful Tuscan wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Tuscan hill towns and their picturesque atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Taste Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Super Tuscans and many other excellent Tuscan wines exploring the magnificent Tuscany wine region with a guided wine tour from Rome with private transportation and wine expert.
Crossing the spectacular landscapes of the Tuscan wine country, known for its iconic beauty and its charming atmosphere, your wine tour in Tuscany begins visiting a selected boutique winery, where you will be guided on a private tour of the cellar and of the estate for learning all about the meticulous winemaking and aging process, followed by a guided wine tasting session of several excellent Tuscan wines.
The wine tour will then continue stopping in an old Tuscan farmhouse and winery located in a gorgeous spot in between the Tuscan rolling hills and the vineyards, where you will enjoy a full food and wine experience with a traditional Tuscan lunch paired with the finest wines produced in this family owned winery and with a tasting of their excellent Tuscan extra virgin olive oil.
In the afternoon, tour will lead you exploring a lovely Tuscan hill town where you will have some free time for strolling and shopping along its picturesque narrow streets and for enjoying its unique Tuscan charm before heading back to Rome.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour from Rome is a private wine experience visiting the best wine regions in Tuscany: Montalcino and Brunello wine country, Chianti, Montepulciano and Vino Nobile wine region, Bolgheri and the Super Tuscans wine country, Cortona, Siena, Arezzo, Chianti Rufina, San Gimignano, Suvereto, Val di Cornia, Maremma and Morellino di Scansano wine region.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Tuscany Wine Regions: Located in central Italy along the Tyrrhenian coast, Tuscany is home to some of the world’s oldest and most famous wine regions: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano primarily made with Sangiovese grape whereas the Vernaccia grape is the basis of the white Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Tuscany has forty-one Denominazioni di origine controllata (DOC) and eleven Denominazioni di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG). In the 1970s a new class of wines known in the trade as “Super Tuscans” emerged. These wines were made outside DOC/DOCG regulations but were considered of high quality and commanded high prices. Many of these wines are based on a “Bordeaux-blend” and became cult wines. Others very well reputed Tuscan wine regions and Tuscan wines are Cortona, Morellino di Scansano and Carmignano. Tuscany is also known for the dessert wine Vin Santo, made from Trebbiano and Malvasia grapes.