Wine Tour in Orvieto
The Orvieto Classico Wine Tasting Experience
Guided wine tour in Umbria with wineries visits and tasting in Orvieto with private English speaking driver and wine guide.
Wine tasting experience in Orvieto wine region with car service and private transportation from Perugia, Assisi, Todi, Spoleto, Spello, Bevagna, Trasimeno lake area, Rome, Montepulciano, Cortona and from all the main locations in Umbria, Tuscany and Rome area.
ORVIETO WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour in Orvieto with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Umbria, “the green heart of Italy” and the beautiful Orvieto wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Umbrian lunch with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Stop in the beautiful Umbrian hill town of Orvieto for a pleasant stroll
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Taste the best Orvieto wines with a guided wine tour in Orvieto with private car service and wine guide discovering the beautiful Umbrian wine region in Orvieto and visiting the best wineries and producers of the Orvieto Classico wines.
Your Orvieto wine tour begins meeting your English-speaking driver at your accommodation and crossing the charming Umbrian countryside with a comfortable luxury vehicle. The Orvieto wine region has been producing wine since the Etruscans, with over 2,500 years of wine history and your first winery visit in the morning will introduce you to the Orvieto wines explaining everything you want to know about their history and traditions on winemaking, before guiding you on a private wine tasting session.
Your second stop on this full-day wine adventure will be beautiful wine estate located overlooking the gorgeous Orvieto skyline where, after a brief visit of the winery, you can then relax and enjoy a delicious lunch based on a traditional Umbrian menu paired with best Orvieto’s wines and taste the excellent Umbrian Extra virgin olive oil produced in this estate.
After lunch you will have some free time for visiting the wonderful Umbrian hill town of Orvieto, enjoying its spectacular view over the surrounding Umbrian countryside, and exploring its historical center with the stunning Gothic Cathedral and the picturesque narrow streets.
The wine tour in Orvieto continues in the afternoon with a visit to small producer in a family-run winery, continuing to understand the characteristics and to compare the styles and the differences of the best Orvieto wineries and of the finest Orvieto Classico wines.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour in Orvieto is a private wine tasting experience with departure from all Umbria, Tuscany and Lazio: Orvieto area, Assisi, Perugia, Todi, Spoleto, Spello, Gubbio, Trevi, Bevagna, Torgiano, Trasimeno lake area, Città della Pieve, Deruta, Terni, Amelia, Narni, Rome, Montepulciano, Cortona, Chiusi, Chianciano, San Casciano dei Bagni, Sarteano, Pienza, Val d’Orcia area, Pitigliano, Sorano, Sovana, Bolsena.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Umbrian lunch
Orvieto wine region and Orvieto Classico Doc: Orvieto Classico Doc is white wine made in the Orvieto wine region characterized by tufa, limestone and volcanic soil. Viticulture was introduced to the Orvieto region by the early Etruscans and the region has been continuing to produce wine in the Middle Ages, when Orvieto wine was known as a sweet, golden-yellow wine. Today’s white Orvieto is dry and Grechetto and Trebbiano are the principal grape varieties grown here. An Orvieto Classico Bianco must therefore be made from at least 60 percent Grechetto and/or Procanico (the local name for Trebbiano Toscano). Superiore versions have a slightly higher requirement for minimum alcohol by volume. As in the broader DOC two types of dessert wine may be made, with the same grape variety rules. These are vendemmia tardiva (late harvest) and muffa nobile, which is made from grapes with noble rot.