Wine Tour in Cortona
Wine Tasting Tour Under the Tuscan Sun
Guided wine tasting experience in Tuscany with wine expert visiting the best wineries in Cortona wine region.
Private wine tour in Cortona with English speaking driver and private transportation from Cortona area, Arezzo, Siena, Florence, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Perugia, Assisi, Trasimeno lake area, Anghiari, Sansepolcro and from all Tuscany and Umbria.
CORTONA WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour in Cortona with private driver and car service
- Scenic itinerary through the beautiful Tuscan countryside and the Cortona wine country
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Stop in Cortona, the beautiful town that inspired the book and movie “Under The Tuscan Sun“, for a pleasant stroll
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Explore one of the most beautiful hill town in Tuscany and taste the best wines of its renowned wine country in one day with a private wine tour in Cortona with private transportation and wine guide.
Your discovery of Cortona’s top wines, begins when your private English-speaking driver greets you at your accommodations the morning of your full-day Cortona Wine Tour. Your first stop will be an highly-rated winery of the Cortona Doc wine country, where you will enjoy a visit to the cellar and a guided wine tasting session led by an English-speaking winery expert explaining everything you want to know about their estate and their excellent wines.
After a stop in the center of Cortona, with the impressive Etruscan town walls, its characteristic medieval streets and squares, and the breathtaking panoramic views over the beautiful surrounding countryside, the wine tour in Tuscany continue visiting a second winery with a lunch stop immersed in the Tuscan rolling hills; lunch will be based on a typical Tuscan menu and includes a wines & extra virgin olive oil tasting, giving you also a special insider view of the local Tuscan cuisine.
The last winery is a family-run boutique winery, where you will have the chance to compare the styles of the Cortona wines tasting directly with the owner and wine maker, giving you a better appreciation and understanding of this excellent Tuscan wine country and its finest wines.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour in Cortona is a private wine tour in Tuscany available from all the Cortona area, Arezzo, Siena, Florence, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Pienza, Perugia, Assisi, Trasimeno lake area, San Gimignano, Chianti (Radda, Gaiole, Greve, Castellina), Chiusi, Chianciano, Val d’Orcia area, Sinalunga, Lucignano, Monte San Savino, Poppi, Bibbiena, Sansepolcro, Anghiari, Umbertide, Città di Castello, Gubbio and from all Tuscany and Umbria.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Cortona DOC wine country: A relatively recent wine region, but of excellent value and exceptional potential. Locate in the south-east of Tuscany, in the area of Cortona, its wines are manly characterized by Syrah grapes (minimum 85%) with the possible addition of other grapes suitable for cultivation in this territory (maximum 15%). The minimum alcoholic strength is 12%; with a ruby red colour, spiced perfume and a dry and harmonious taste, Cortona Syrah DOC can go very well with red meats, cheeses, mushrooms and truffles. It is also great as meditation wine.