Wine Tour in Montefalco
The Sagrantino Wine Tasting Experience
Guided Sagrantino di Montefalco wine tasting experience and wineries visits with wine expert in the Montefalco wine region.
Wine tour in Umbria in the Montefalco wine region with private driver service and transportation from Assisi, Perugia, Spoleto, Spello, Bevagna, Orvieto, Gubbio, Todi, Trevi, Trasimeno lake area and from all the main locations in Umbria.
MONTEFALCO WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private Sagrantino wine tour in Montefalco with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Umbria, “the green heart of Italy” and its beautiful wine regions
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Umbrian lunch with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- Stop in the beautiful Umbrian hill town of Montefalco for a pleasant stroll
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
A Sagrantino wine tour in Montefalco with a private English speaking driver and wine expert exploring the gorgeous Umbria wine region in Montefalco and tasting one of Umbria’s oldest and most appreciated wine.
Picking you up by a luxury car or minivan from your accommodation and driving on a picturesque itinerary through the beautiful Umbrian landscape, the wine tour in Montefalco begins stopping in a beautiful vineyard estate specializing in producing Sagrantino di Montefalco DOCG, where experienced staff will guide you on a tour of the winery, clarifying the difference about the passito and secco and explaining everything you want to know about their wines and the wine making process, before guiding you on a private wine tasting session.
Next up on your wine tasting tour will be a full food and wine experience enjoying lunch based on a traditional Umbrian menu paired with finest Montefalco’s wines and tasting the excellent Umbrian Extra virgin olive oil.
After lunch tour will lead you visiting the lovely Umbrian hill town of Montefalco, enjoying the stunning view over the surrounding Umbrian countryside with its olive groves and vineyards, and exploring its charming narrow streets with artisan food and wine shops.
The wine tour in Montefalco ends with a visit to small producer of Sagrantino, comparing styles and characteristics and starting to understand the range of aromas and flavors that are hallmarks of the delicious Montefalco wines.
Departure available from:
- The Sagrantino wine tour in Montefalco is a private wine tasting experience with departure from all Umbria: Assisi, Perugia, Orvieto, Todi, Spoleto, Spello, Gubbio, Trevi, Bevagna, Torgiano, Trasimeno lake area, Città della Pieve, Città di Castello, Umbertide, Deruta, Terni, Amelia, Narni.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Umbrian lunch
Sagrantino di Montefalco DOCG: The name seems to come from the fact that since the Middle Ages the Franciscan friars began to produce a sweet wine, devoted to religious rites. Today it is produced in a relatively small wine region with, at its center, the hill town of Montefalco, made exclusively from the Sagrantino variety from which the wine takes its name. Even today, it is produced in two different types: dry (secco) and sweet (passito). It has a minimum alcoholic strength of 13,00% and a minimum aging process of 30 months. Ruby-violet in colour, with a delicate fragrance and a robust tannin, it has a dry and harmonious taste and lends itself well to further aging; it goes very well with red meats, game and aged cheeses, complex dishes made with wild boar, lamb, mushrooms or truffles.