Wine Tasting Tour in Umbria from Perugia
Guided wine tour in Umbria from Perugia with private transportation with car service and wine expert.
Private wine tasting experience with private driver service from Perugia visiting the best wineries in Perugia, Montefalco, Orvieto, Torgiano, Assisi, Spello, Bevagna, Todi, Spoleto, Trasimeno lake, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Cortona, and tasting some of the finest Italian wines: Sagrantino, Brunello, Nobile, Orvieto Classico, Torgiano Riserva, Grechetto.
PERUGIA WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour from Perugia with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Umbria, “the green heart of Italy” and its beautiful wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Umbrian lunch with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Umbrian hill towns and their charming atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Experience the best Umbrian wines with a private wine tour from Perugia with private transportation and wine guide visiting the beautiful wine country in Umbria.
Your wine tour in Umbria begins when your English-speaking driver comes to collect you at your accommodation in Perugia with a luxury vehicle to escort you throughout your day. Driving through the spectacular Umbrian countryside, your first stop will one of the best Umbrian winery, where you will have a guided tour of the estate and of the cellar with specific information about their winemaking and aging techniques, and a private tasting of their best wines led by an English-speaking winery guide and expert.
Next up your wine tour from Perugia will include a full food & wine experience enjoying a typical Umbrian lunch paired with the top Umbrian wines and tasting the excellent Umbrian extra virgin olive oil.
In the afternoon, the day tour plans a visit of a charming Umbrian hill town: here your driver will provide you some free time for strolling and exploring the historical town center with its lovely narrow streets and its interesting art galleries and craft shops.
Your wine experience in Umbria will then continue meeting a small wine producer of a family-owned winery, where you will start to understand the incredible differences of the styles and recognize the range of aromas and flavors that Umbrian wines have to offer.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour from Perugia is a private wine experience visiting the best wine regions in Umbria: Montefalco and the Sagrantino wine region, Orvieto, Torgiano, Assisi, Spello, Bevagna, Todi, Spoleto, Perugia, Gubbio and the Trasimeno lake wine region, but also the best wine countries of the south of Tuscany: Montalcino and the Brunello wine region, Montepulciano and Cortona.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Umbrian lunch
Umbria Wine Regions: The only Italian region without access to either the sea or international borders, Umbria is a solitary and soulful world apart. Often overshadowed by neighboring Tuscany, this lush and sparsely populated land is affectionately referred to as the “green heart of Italy.” Vines grow in virtually every part of the territory, with 13 Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) wines and two Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG) wines spread between the towns of Perugia, Spello, Bevagna, Montefalco, Todi, Spoleto, Terni and Orvieto. Umbria is best known for its white wine production. Despite changes in style over time, the Orvieto DOC (based on the Trebbiano and Grechetto grape varieties) remains the region’s largest appellation. Although best-known for its white wines, Umbria’s two top level DOCG designations are for red wines. The native red grape Sagrantino has gained prominence in the Montefalco area, creating wines of great depth and power (Sagrantino di Montefalco Docg). Sangiovese is the region’s most planted grape variety, red or white. It accounts for around 22 percent of vineyard area. This is the principal variety of the second of the region’s DOCG wines Torgiano Rosso Riserva.