Super Tuscan Wine Tasting Experience
Wine Tour in Bolgheri Wine Region
Guided Super Tuscans wine tasting experience with exclusive wineries visits and sommelier.
Private wine tasting tour in Bolgheri wine region with English speaking driver and private transportation from Florence, Siena, Lucca, Cortona, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pienza, San Gimignano, Chianti, Arezzo, Pisa, Volterra and from all Tuscany.
SUPER TUSCANS WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private Super Tuscans wine tour in Tuscany with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through the beautiful Tuscan countryside and the Bolgheri wine country
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the exclusive wineries
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a Bolgheri
- Stop in the lovely village of Bolgheri for a pleasant stroll
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
A Super Tuscans wine tour in Bolgheri with a private English speaking driver and expert wine guide discovering and tasting some of Italy’s most appreciated wines, driving through the beautiful Tuscan landscape of the Bolgheri wine country.
Your day tour of exploring the Super Tuscan wines starts meeting your private English speaking driver at your accommodation, and reaching the stunning Tuscan wine region of Bogheri.
The first stop of your Super Tuscan wine tour will be an exclusive winery highly rated by the most important wine publications. Beginning with a guided tour of the winery and of its estate, learning all about their philosophy and idea of wine and winemaking, your winery expert will finally guide you on a private wine tasting session of their best Super Tuscan wines.
Your Tuscan wine tour will then continue exploring the delightful village Bolgheri, for visiting the charming historical center with its medieval castle, and for having a delicious lunch in a great restaurant, while enjoying a wonderful view of the Bolgheri’s vineyards with the Mediterranean see in the background.
Your private wine tour in Bolgheri will continue in the afternoon visiting another exclusive winery, where you will you will have the chance to learn diverse wine-making methods with a qualified winery guide and compare the different styles and blends of their finest Super Tuscan wines.
Departure available from:
- The Super Tuscan wine tour is a private wine tour in Bolgheri wine country available from Florence, Siena, Lucca, Cortona, Montalcino, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Pienza, Pisa, Arezzo, Livorno, Chianti (Radda, Gaiole, Greve, Castellina), Volterra and from all Tuscany.
- approximately 9/10 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
Super Tuscan: it’s used to describe some of Tuscany’s top red wines, such as Tignanello, Sassicaia, Ornellaia, Solaia. They are high quality red wines, normally in the Bordeaux style, made from non-indigenous varieties (Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Sangiovese, Syrah) and using blends not allowed under Tuscan appellation laws.
Bolgheri DOC: The first bottle of Sassicaia was produced in 1968, when in 1944 instead, the Marquis Mario Incisa della Rocchetta decided to plant the first Cabernet vineyard, realising the great potential of the territory. The wine country is restricted to the northern part of the Maremma, in the area of Bolgheri and Castagneto Carducci. The minimum alcoholic strength is 12.5%, and it is produced with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Syrah and Sangiovese in different percentages.