Wine Tasting Tour in Tuscany from Florence
Guided wine tour in Tuscany from Florence with private driver and wine expert.
Private wine tasting experience with transportation from Florence visiting the best wineries in Chianti, Montalcino, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Cortona, Bolgheri and tasting the finest Tuscan wines: Brunello, Chianti Classico, Vino Nobile, Supertuscans, Vernaccia, Cortona Syrah.
FLORENCE WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour from Florence with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Tuscany and the beautiful Tuscan wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Tuscan hill towns and their picturesque atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Taste Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Super Tuscans and many other excellent Tuscan wines visiting the wonderful Tuscany wine region with a private wine tour from Florence with private transportation and wine guide.
After being picked up at your accommodation in Florence, your private English-speaking driver will drive you through the beautiful Tuscan wine country known for its natural beauty and its charming atmosphere; your wine tour in Tuscany will take you to an exquisite winery, where you will enjoy a visit to the cellars followed by a wonderful guided tasting session of several excellent Tuscan wines.
The Tuscan wine experience will then continue with a lunch stop in an old Tuscan farmhouse and winery, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch with a traditional Tuscan menu paired with the finest wines produced in this family owned winery.
After lunch, you will have the opportunity to walk about in a beautiful Tuscan hill town strolling along its picturesque narrow streets and enjoying its unique Tuscan charm.
Your wine tour in Tuscany continues visiting another Tuscan wine producer, where you will be hosted and learn about the best Tuscan wines, comparing their different styles and characteristics before heading back to Florence.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour from Florence is a private wine experience visiting the best wine regions in Tuscany: Chianti, Montalcino and Brunello wine country, Montepulciano and Vino Nobile wine region, Cortona, Bolgheri and the Super Tuscan wine country, San Gimignano, Siena, Arezzo, Chianti Rufina.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Tuscany Wine Regions: Located in central Italy along the Tyrrhenian coast, Tuscany is home to some of the world’s oldest and most famous wine regions: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano primarily made with Sangiovese grape whereas the Vernaccia grape is the basis of the white Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Tuscany has forty-one Denominazioni di origine controllata (DOC) and eleven Denominazioni di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG). In the 1970s a new class of wines known in the trade as “Super Tuscans” emerged. These wines were made outside DOC/DOCG regulations but were considered of high quality and commanded high prices. Many of these wines are based on a “Bordeaux-blend” and became cult wines. Others very well reputed Tuscan wine regions and Tuscan wines are Cortona, Morellino di Scansano and Carmignano. Tuscany is also known for the dessert wine Vin Santo, made from Trebbiano and Malvasia grapes.