Wine Tasting Tour in Tuscany from Siena
Guided wine tour in Tuscany from Siena with private car service and wine guide.
Wine tasting experience with private driver and transportation from Siena visiting the best wineries in Chianti, Montalcino, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Cortona, Bolgheri and tasting the finest Tuscan wines: Brunello, Chianti Classico, Vino Nobile, Supertuscans, Vernaccia, Cortona Syrah.
SIENA WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private wine tour from Siena with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through Tuscany and the beautiful Tuscan wine region
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Tuscan hill towns and their picturesque atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Private wine tour from Siena with private driver and wine expert visiting the wonderful Tuscany wine region for tasting Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Super Tuscans and many other excellent Tuscan wines.
Meeting your private English-speaking driver at your accommodation in Siena city center and Siena area, your wine tour in Tuscany will start driving through the gorgeous Tuscan wine country famous for its charming landscapes and its lovely views.
Your day tour in Tuscany will then arrive to a family owned winery, where you will meet the friendly owner for learning all about the winemaking methods and for visiting the cellars before having a private tasting session of their excellent wines.
The wine tour will then stop in a second winery located in a stunning spot in the Tuscan countryside for having a full wine & food experience with a traditional Tuscan lunch paired with the local wines and with a tasting of the excellent Tuscan extra virgin olive oil produced in this winery.
Several glasses later, tour will then stop in a lovely Tuscan hill town for a pleasant walk along its charming narrow streets with their characteristics artisans shops and the Italian atmosphere.
In the afternoon you will have the option of visiting another Tuscan wine producer, leaving you with a better appreciation of the Tuscan wines, and of the spectacular Tuscan wine region before returning to your accommodation in Siena.
Departure available from:
- The wine tour from Siena is a private wine experience visiting the best wine regions in Tuscany: Montalcino and Brunello wine country, Chianti, Montepulciano and Vino Nobile wine region, Cortona, Bolgheri and the Super Tuscan wine country, San Gimignano, Arezzo, Chianti Rufina.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Tuscany Wine Regions: Located in central Italy along the Tyrrhenian coast, Tuscany is home to some of the world’s oldest and most famous wine regions: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano primarily made with Sangiovese grape whereas the Vernaccia grape is the basis of the white Vernaccia di San Gimignano. Tuscany has forty-one Denominazioni di origine controllata (DOC) and eleven Denominazioni di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG). In the 1970s a new class of wines known in the trade as “Super Tuscans” emerged. These wines were made outside DOC/DOCG regulations but were considered of high quality and commanded high prices. Many of these wines are based on a “Bordeaux-blend” and became cult wines. Others very well reputed Tuscan wine regions and Tuscan wines are Cortona, Morellino di Scansano and Carmignano. Tuscany is also known for the dessert wine Vin Santo, made from Trebbiano and Malvasia grapes.found worldwide. Situated in the fertile Po River Valley, the rich local cuisine depends heavily on meats and cheeses. As in all of Emilia-Romagna, the production of cured pork meats such as prosciutto, mortadella and salumi is an important part of the local food industry. Tagliatelle with ragù, lasagne, tortellini served in broth, and mortadella, the original Bologna sausage, are among the local specialties. Well-regarded nearby vineyards include Pignoletto dei Colli Bolognesi, Lambrusco and Sangiovese di Romagna.