Chianti Classico Wine Tour
Tuscany Wine Tasting Experience
Tuscany wine tour in Chianti wine country with private English speaking driver and wine guide.
Guided Chianti Classico wine tasting experience with private transportation and departure from Siena, Florence, San Gimignano, Radda, Gaiole, Greve, Castellina, Cortona, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pienza, Arezzo and from all Tuscany.
CHIANTI WINE TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Private Chianti Classico wine tour in Tuscany with private driver and transportation
- Scenic itinerary through the beautiful Tuscan countryside and the Chianti wine country
- Guided full day wine tour experience by an English speaking wine guide and expert
- Private winery visits, private tastings and bespoke experiences with the local producers
- Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in a winery with wines pairing and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- The Chianti’s villages and their picturesque atmosphere
WINE TOUR DESCRIPTION
Discover the gorgeous Chianti wine country with its spectacular views of the Tuscan countryside and with its picturesque villages, and experience the Chianti Classico Docg wine with a private wine tour in Tuscany with car service and wine expert.
The Chianti Wine Tour starts with your private English-speaking driver picking you up in a luxury vehicle from your accommodation and arriving at the first winery of the day, where, after the guided visit of the cellar and of winery’s grounds learning about the tradition of the Chianti wine producers, you will taste the excellent Chianti Classico wines and the spicy, fragrant extra-virgin olive oil they produce.
Your wine tour in Tuscany will then stop in a old Tuscan farmhouse with a spectacular view on the Chianti’s hills, enjoying a delicious traditional Tuscan lunch and tasting the amazing wines produced in this family owned winery.
The wine tour continues with a brief visit to one of the many charming villages of the Chianti wine region, with their picturesque views and the authentic Tuscan atmosphere of their romantic narrow streets with the small artisan ateliers and wine shops.
The day tour in Tuscany will end with an afternoon visit to a boutique Chianti winery with a private wine tasting session of their excellent Chianti classico, Chianti Classico Riserva and Supertuscan, experiencing the styles and methods of the wine makers of the world’s oldest wine country.
Departure available from:
- The Chianti classico wine tour is a private wine tour in Tuscany available from all the Chianti area and from Siena, Florence, San Gimignano, Radda, Gaiole, Greve, Castellina, Cortona, Montalcino, Montepulciano, Pienza, Arezzo, Lucca, Pisa, Perugia, Assisi, Orvieto and from all Tuscany and Umbria.
- approximately 8 hours
- Qualified and professional English speaking driver
- Luxury vehicle (Mercedes-Benz or equivalent)
- Head office assistance and insurance coverage
- Complimentary water
- Wi-Fi on board
- Expert wine guide and sommelier
- Wineries visits and wine tastings
- Traditional Tuscan lunch
Chianti Classico DOCG Wine: The area has been famous for the production of wine since Roman and Medieval times, but it has been since 1716 that a notice of the Granducato of Tuscany regulated and limited the area of production denominated as Chianti. It was the first historical and legal document which foresaw this, 200 years in advance, before any other project of its type. Given the ever growing demand, in the following centuries, the surrounding areas of Tuscany started to produce wine, also taking advantage of such denomination; it was in 1924 then that the consortium of classic Chianti was established, which regulated and recognised to members only, the right to be able to benefit from the classic Chianti denomination and the original label and symbol of the black rooster. The highest percentage of vines used are sangiovese (80 – 100%), accompanied by other red grapes suitable for cultivation in this territory. This wine has an intense ruby colour and dry taste, is full bodied and velvety, and lends itself very well to further aging. It goes well with red meats, aged cheeses, mushrooms and truffles.